The Kinster

The Kinster

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Life. Is. Grand.



Before 2nd Surgery

Good news on the nevus front...We met with Kinsley's surgeon yesterday and he was very happy with the results. I swear, every time I meet with him, I like him more.  That seems weird to say about a man who you trust with your daughters life but there is just something about his personality that has taken me a bit to get use to.   Don't get me wrong, he does EXCELLENT work, he is just not always super charming.  I suppose I am just accustomed to our amazing, wonderful, super caring pediatrician.  Our close second favorite doctor, Dr. Miller,  was happy with her incision and healing.  Sharing only a small concern with an area above the incision line. He removed a few stitches to lessen the irritation and sent his smiling patient on her way.  We go back in a month to discuss the next step.  He did mention that we might be looking at two more surgeries.  This is different from what we expected but know that he makes the best decision for Kinsley, her skin, and overall well being.  The pictures that I have added just don't do her nevus, or lack there of, any justice.  I sometimes have to look twice at her back because I don't recognize it.  It seems odd (and blissfully wonderful) to see clear, healthy skin there!

After 2nd Surgery
Great news on the home front...Tad started his new job this week!  He is working for a company here in town that contracts with Union Pacific.  He will be designing/drafting signals and lighting systems for their railroads.  Pretty exciting time for us as he enters the field he studied so diligently in college!  We are very proud of him finding this position during such a crummy time in the economy.  Other exciting things happening at home includes Kinsley getting some chompers and really showing us her outdoor voice.  She is working on her 4th tooth, completing her upper and lower pair of incisors.  She hasn't officially crawled yet but she is wanting too.  She scoots and rolls to the places she needs to go and I think she is perfectly happy doing just that.  As for me...school is wrapping up and I could not be more excited to spend the summer with my babe!  (Babes, is more like it).  Tad and I have many fun family things planned and are ready for nice weather, great friends, and our cherished family time! Tad turns 30 in July and will plan to celebrate lakeside with a few close friends.  Other big events this summer include one sister heading off to college, one sister getting hitched, and one sister having a baby!  Busy, busy!!

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!  Tad, Kinsley and I will be venturing south to visit Tad's dad and wife!  We are very excited (and a little nervous) for our first big vacation as a little family!  Much love and God Bless!  

The Hase Posse

No comments:

Post a Comment